Friday, January 4, 2013

Ok, Back to Business


I’m back. Christmas is a yellow and green blur (those are the colors of my sweat pants and hoodie I wore every day I was home). I slept. A lot. In fact if you know me at all you might choose to believe I am lying when I say I slept until 9 or 10 almost every day (and no, I didn’t stay up past midnight…except for new year’s…then I slept ‘til 10). It was relaxing. Christmas was perfect, slow, candlelit by the fire until the electricity came back on. New Years was…anticlimactic… but then really, it’s just another night isn’t it?

And so I’m back. Just 4 hours on a plane and it’s like I never left. Scorching sun, windy evenings, a not-quite-as-predictable-as-you’d-like-it-to-be bus schedule. Home? We’ll see. Friends met me at the airport. It’s always good when flying to a foreign country, to be able to say you have friends meeting you. It makes customs and baggage claim that much less painful. Even better than that though, is having a place to stay already lined up. Not only do you not have to find a taxi (Actually it’s harder to avoid them but that’s something else) but you don’t even have to find a hostel. You just meet your friends, hug them, play catch-up, and before you know it you are unloading your stuff into your temporary new room.

I have been back in the country for less than 24 hours and I have already had a job interview, met a potential private student, picked up a pay check, accepted a job at another school, gone to the grocery store and checked out (and loved) our future apartment. What a day. Now all that’ left is to just finish this blog post, make some homemade guacamole and drink a beer with Ashley and Sacha.

(So that’s it. Short and sweet. I’m back so I’ll be back to writing regularly…later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment